Open After Effects application in your PC.
Press CTRL+N, Or Composition > New Composition to open Composition Window.
1. Composition Name : You can write the composition name.
2. Preset : There are many types of readymade composition setting. Like, NTSC DV widescreen, NTSC DV 29.97,PAL square, PAL widescreen etc. Every formats are different of each other, according to FRAME SIZE, FRAME RATE PER SECOND, PIXEL ASPECT RATIO. But if you want to make a composition setting according to you, so you can choose the custom option, and change the setting.
Note : If you want to save the your setting, click on arrow one. And want to delete any preset, click on Second arrow.
3. WIDTH & HEIGHT : Width is decide the horizontally size of composition. Height is decide the vertical size of composition.
4. Pixel Aspect Ratio : First about what is the pixel? Pixel is a small element of Graphics Image or Video. Pixel can be square or rectangle. Now what is the pixel aspect ratio and what is the frame aspect ratio ?
Pixel aspect ratio decides whether the pixel is square or rectangle and by what proportion. Frame aspect ratio decides the aspect ration on the base of the total number of pixels
5. Frame rate or FPS : In motion pictures, television, and in computer video displays, the frame rate is the number of frames or images that are projected or displayed per second. Frame rates are used in synchronizing audio and pictures, whether film, television, or video. In motion pictures and television, the frame rates are standardized by the Society of Motion Picture and Television Editors (SMPTE). SMPTE Time Code frame rates of 24, 25 and 30 frames per second are common, each having uses in different portions of the industry. The professional frame rate for motion pictures is 24 frames per second and, for television, 30 frames per second.
NTSC FRAME RATE
29.97 or 30 FPS
PAL FRAME RATE
7. Start Time code : By default start time 0:00:00:00
left side value (1 arrow) indicate Hrs. left middle (2 arrow) indicate Minutes right middle (3 arrow) indicate seconds and right side value (4 arrow) indicate frame
8. Duration : Duration decide the length of Timeline of your composition. There are also four column (HH: MM:SS:FF)
9. BACKGROUND COLOR : Set Background color for your new composition
Kshitij Vivaan (Training Partner of MAAC) offers career courses in Animation, VFX, graphics, web designing & gaming for students from different cities such as Himmatnagar and Sabarkantha. MAAC helps these students get the best job placements according to their skills and talents to get the best start to their Professional Careers.